Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stacking the Supplements

I'm starting a new diet cycle.  This time around, I'm running with Tim Ferriss' slow-carb approach.  Slow-Carb is a cyclical Ketogenic diet, which cycles off one day a week.  To make the cheat day work, you really need to be doing some gym time, so I'm up in the gym 3 days a week.  On top of that, the diet works best with a recommended supplement stack consisting of:

Policosanol (23 mg once a day at bedtime)
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) (600 mg 3 times a day and 300 mg at bedtime)
Garlic Extract (300 mg 3 times a day and 200 mg at bedtime)
EGCG (green tea extract) (405 mg 3 times a day)

That stack referred to as PAGG, and the reviews say it works like a charm.  Stay tuned and we'll see.  I'm also taking a triple-strength fish oil supplement and some psyllium fiber, which is a big-time requirement if you're cutting down carbs.  I'm also taking Vitapaks from GNC.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the Alpha Brain from Onnit labs that I recently ordered.  It's supposed to sharpen you up and get you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence.  :-)

No comments: