Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Foundation Learning Guide for the ROUTE Exam

I'm starting my reading for the ROUTE exam this week.  After my near-miss on the SWITCH exam, I have decided to take a deeper approach to this exam.  I'm not just going to go through the certification guide, like I have in the past.  I feel that my routing knowledge really isn't as solid as it should be, so I'm going to start with Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide, which is written more to help you build your understanding of topics than to simply know the answers to pass the certification test.  Albert Einstein said "Any fool can know.  The point is to understand."   I think that's been my problem on this topic.  I know the facts, but I don't think I've ever had the deep understanding that I desire.  I'm sure there's going to be some overlap between the Foundation guide and the Certification guide, but it's not like I'm under a deadline or anything.  The Foundation guide is 900 pages and the Certification guide is 700, so I have my work cut out for me.  As long as I get through a chapter every couple of days, I should be okay.  I'll be posting anything interesting I come across as I do my readings.  I'd like to take the exam before the end of March.

Also, this is typical: I bought the book at a brick and mortar bookseller, before I'd checked the online price.  Stupid!  I could have saved 30 bucks if I'd bought through this link:

No comments: