Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Delayed Start... Go! Uh.... GO!

Did I say I was starting my weight loss and CCNP study programs 2 weeks ago?  No no... I meant today, really.  Uh sure.

This time it's for real.  I have eaten well today and I also read Chapters 1 & 2 of the CCNP Switch Certification Guide.  Chapter 1 barely counts, as it's about the "Planning Tasks of the CCNP Exams" and has very little actual testable material.  Chapter 2 covers basic "Switch Operations" and was a nice little refresher.  Picked up a couple of little facts that are only useful as test answers.  Stuff like CAM entries timing out in 300 seconds and TCAM table values being 134 bits in size... completely useless in real-world application, but good to know for the cert exam.

I'm going to start teaching my Network Topics classes here at Securus.  Maybe we can train up a couple of network engineers from the NOC ranks.  Here's hoping.  I'm also going to be doing a Cisco Certification Study Group here.  Hopefully, having that to keep me accountable for my study goals will keep me on the straight and narrow.  This whole recertification process is going to be boring, so anything that will help me get through this material will be a welcome help. 

Why did I let this cert expire?  Why, oh why?

No comments: